IGWE Domain Holdings (“IDH”, “iDomainHoldings”) is a premium domain holding company engaged in the acquiring, monetizing, and selling of premium brandable, generic (highly searched & competitive) keyword domain names in key industries.
Though the business idea (domaining) was formulated in the year 2014; the amazing team behind IDH has been actively engaged in the acquisition and monetization of premium keyword domain names for over 4 years.
IGWE Domain Holdings is also an avid supporter of new generic Top-Level Domains (gTLDs). Over 500 new top level domains has been approved and gradually being released into the domain market this 2014 year. Some of the most popular new gTLDs include .Club, .Guru, .Berlin, .Today, .XYZ, .Link, .Wang, .Photography, .Pictures, .Photo, .Email, .Services, Website, .Bid and .Trade. These new gTLDs are category-defining and creates room for more creativity and opportunity.
The most popular Top-Level Domain Extension is still .COM (Dot-com), but that may soon change in the very near future with the rise of newly released generic TLDs by ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).
FEW TOP DOMAIN NAME SALES OF ALL TIME
Below is a compiled list of some of the top domain name sales of all time.
- SEX.com sold for $13,000,000 (13 million USD) on November 2010, reportedly acquired by Clover Holdings LTD.
- HOTELS.com sold for $11,000,000 (11 million USD) on September 2001, reportedly acquired by Hotels.com GP LLC.
- FUND.com sold for $9,999,950 (9.9.9 million USD) on March 2008, domain was acquired by Gentile, Philip.
- PORN.com sold for $9,500,000 (9.5 million USD) in May 2007, reportedly acquired by Moniker Privacy Services.
- FB.com sold for $8,500,000 (8.5 million USD) in September 2010, domain was acquired by Facebook Inc.
- DIAMOND.com reportedly sold for $7,500,000 (7.5 million USD) in May 2006.
- BEER.com sold for $7,000,000 (7 million USD) in January 2004, reportedly acquired by Thought Convergence LLC.
- CASINO.com sold for $5,500,000 (5.5 million USD) in November 2003, reportedly acquired by Mansion Limited of Gibraltar.
- SLOTS.com sold for $5,500,000 (5.5 million USD) in June 2010, acquired by Bodog Media.
- TOYS.com sold for $5,100,000 (5.1 million USD) on March 2009, reportedly acquired by DNS Master.
See more Domain Name news below.